Wednesday, August 12, 2015

If I Homeschool Does My Child Qualify For In Home Services?

A common question I get is from Parents who have for one reason or another decided to Homeschool their child and they want to know if their child can still receive therapies (OT, SLP, PT, ABA) from the school district. The Answer is YES! By law (under IDEA) that is your legal right and the school district has to meet that need even if it means bringing your child up to the school for the said therapies.

As a side note, if there is a subject you aren't confident in teaching your child or an extra curricular activity you would like your child to participate in, the school district is also required to meet that need.

Here is the link for the information outlining the specifics of this law/situation: